Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Pants Lie

I got a huge response from article I wrote for the last newsletter entitled Pants Lie.  So I thought I’s share with you some of the things I learned.

One of my clients is a marketing guru, and at some point had
a meeting with a high level marketing person with Calvin Klein. They got to talking and she went on to tell how today’s size 2 is actually a size 4 from the 80’s. And as the sizes get bigger the gap gets larger. Example: today’s size 12 is a size 16 from the 80’s and the same applies for men.

That actually makes perfect sense. For example let’s say a woman went to go buy some jeans and was choosing between 2 pairs. One said it was a size 12 while the other said size 8- otherwise the jeans are identical (they were in reality exactly the same size). Which one would she choose? The size 8 of course. She would probably be willing to pay more.

Another client emailed me and told me that based on her experience the more expensive the brand, the bigger the lie. That goes back to what I said above: A person would be willing to pay more for a label that has a smaller number

It’s just another lie perpetrated on the good people of this country. Add it to the list I guess.

What it comes down to is that you should not base your worth as a person on numbers.

Any numbers.

Whether it is the number you have in the bank or the number around your waist or even the number on the scale.

No number defines you.


Remember that.

Marty Ozaeta
Author, Velocity Performance Training For Fat Loss
VPTraining10@yahoo.com

http://velocityperformancetraining.blogspot.com/

831-869-5348

No comments:

Post a Comment